Thursday, July 24, 2008

LG Dare


This phone is the best phone Verizon currently has, touch screen or otherwise. There is a learning curve, especially if you came from using a PDA phone like a BlackBerry. I was able to use Bluetooth to move my contacts from my PC to the Dare with no problems. I had to manually enter calendar entries. Music can be synced through the included Rhapsody software, and you do not have to subscribe to do it.
The 3.2 megapixel camera takes great photos. The built in speaker is clear and loud, right on par with the BB Curve I left behind for the Dare.
I get strong signal everywhere I go.
I do not do much web surfing from my phone (that is what my PC is for), so the included web browser works well for me.
Maybe through future updates, the Dare will be able to sync with MS Office Outlook for contacts and calendar entries. LG also needs to make it less complex to transfer album art to the phone. There are also LG Dare accessories like a memory card so you can transfer files to you computer as well.
One of the best things is that this is not a PDA phone, so it is not subject to a $30 or higher data plan. I do recommend getting VCast and the contact backup manager. I would also recommend getting screen protectors.
I am still having BlackBerry withdrawals, but the Dare has made it rather easy.

No comments: